i just heard a breaking news ....
GEO is going to shutdown.....
Y musharraf is doing such stupid things..?
i have no words to explain my feelings....
:-(

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can still enjoy GEO TV here in the US but it's sad that people in Pak would need a dish to watch it. I guess this will promote the dish business. I do think, however, that GEO and its various commentators( Hamid Mir, Shahid Masood, Absar? etc.) went out of the way to take strong anti-government positions and failed to play the proverbial "devil's advocate" role in panels consisting entirely of anti-Mush panelists. GEO abandoned any semblance of objectivity in their reporting. I can understand Geo TV people's anger at being shut-down but they also need to reflect on their own behavior.
The news is that GEO is being shut down completely. They have shut down transmission from Dubai, which means that they will not be broadcasting to any part of the World.

Click the Breaking News link on http://216.167.27.246/stream/video/index.html
and also check www.thenews.com.pk
Sadly, the news Suhaib brings is accurate. It leaves a big vacuum. Hope GEO will return soon.
I totally agree with MR Riaz Haq thoughts. GEO and other Private channels don’t forget that it’s Misharf Govt’ who gave them freedom of speech. Before Musharaf it was Benazir khabernama or Nawaz Khabernama. I want to ask one simple question to all private channels, why they portraying Benazir and Nawaz as a victim, on the other hand, the truth is both looted Pakistan, made deals with Government for their safe escape, whole world knows their corruptions but our GEO and other channel failed to launch any campaign against corrupt politicians.
i think musharraf has made a big mistake here...people will not let it go easily
for the comments of kamran khan and Dr. shahid masood on geo shut down log on to:
http://pkpolitics.com/audio/index.php?dir=emergency%2F16_nov_07
Salam for all .....

I consider Media and the other "fields" of "intellectual freedom" and "rights" are abusing whatever they have got in last few years ...... Only because some of their "bosses" see advantage in what they are doing ...... Of course Government in Pakistan was never the "best" in what they do ...... but still others who "claim" to be the "Champions" of "Rights and Freedom" should be something like "Tower of Light" for others who look at what they are doing .......... I am not happy with these "Champions" ................... Doesnt mean that I am happy with "Others" :-)

Sami
It seems the ARY OneWorld is back on the air. I'm watching it right now here in California. Does anyone know what kind a deal allowed them back on the air? Any negotiations underway between Mush and Geo?

RSS

Pre-Paid Legal

Twitter Feed

follow me on Twitter

Sponsored Links

South Asia Investor Review
    Investor Information Blog

Haq's Musings
    Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog

Please Bookmark This Page!

Blog Posts

Biden's Gaza Ceasefire Veto Defies American Public Opinion

Aaron Bushnell, an active serviceman in the United States Air Force, burned himself to death in front of the Israeli Embassy in protest against the US policy in Gaza. Before setting himself on fire in what he called an "extreme act of protest", he said he would "no longer be complicit in genocide". Polls show that the vast majority (63%) of Americans want an immediate end to the carnage being perpetrated by Israel in Gaza.  …

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on February 27, 2024 at 5:30pm

Pakistan Elections: Imran Khan's Supporters Skillfully Used Tech to Defy Powerful Military

Independent candidates backed by the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI) party emerged as the largest single block with 93 seats in the nation's parliament in the general elections held on February 8, 2024.  This feat was accomplished in spite of huge obstacles thrown in front of the PTI's top leader Imran Khan and his party leaders and supporters by Pakistan's powerful military…

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on February 16, 2024 at 9:22pm — 1 Comment

© 2024   Created by Riaz Haq.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service