How do you like Younis Khan's 50? Let's hope it leads to a win for Pakistan.

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i didn't see it, but hope pakistan wins. shoaib malik also struck a fine fifty and add to that 2 sixes by Misbah in the last over. the target set is tight, hoping Asif does the trick.
Congrats!! Great allround performance by Pak against SL. Shoaib/Younis 101 partnership, Afridi's 3 wickets and magnificent catches by Younis did it. Hope to see more of this by Pakistanis.
Live matches .. i am watching the last overs of this match.

http://www.bhejafry.net/livecricket.php
That was a great comeback after the last match against India. After another top-order failure, Younis and Shoaib Malik really turned the tables around, giving Jayasuriya a taste of his own medicine.

Just a few interesting facts:

1. The match against India is considered as a tie, and not as an Indian victory in the record books. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283307.html

2. Pakistan now has the highest Win Percentage in Twenty20 Internationals . Pakistan's Win Percentage is 78.57%. Next is Sri Lanka with 66 %.

3. Pakistan has now had 5 consecutive Twenty20 International matches without defeat (remember the match against India is considered as a tie), which is another record.

4. Afridi now has 11 wickets in Twenty20 Internationals, which is a world record.

5. Younis and Shoaib's partnership is the highest for the 4th wicket.

6. Jayasuriya's spell of 0/64 is the most expensive spell in a Twenty20 International, alongside Jimmy Anderson. However Jayasuriya's figures are worse since Anderson did pick up 1 wicket.

I know that since all nations have played only a handful of matches, it is very likely that these records can be broken even by tomorrow. However, it is nice to know that we hold them for now.
This was a very good performance by Pakistani team. I hope they can continue with it in future matches.

RSS

Pre-Paid Legal

Twitter Feed

follow me on Twitter

Sponsored Links

South Asia Investor Review
    Investor Information Blog

Haq's Musings
    Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog

Please Bookmark This Page!

Blog Posts

Pakistani Student Enrollment in US Universities Hits All Time High

Pakistani student enrollment in America's institutions of higher learning rose 16% last year, outpacing the record 12% growth in the number of international students hosted by the country. This puts Pakistan among eight sources in the top 20 countries with the largest increases in US enrollment. India saw the biggest increase at 35%, followed by Ghana 32%, Bangladesh and…

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on April 1, 2024 at 5:00pm

Agriculture, Caste, Religion and Happiness in South Asia

Pakistan's agriculture sector GDP grew at a rate of 5.2% in the October-December 2023 quarter, according to the government figures. This is a rare bright spot in the overall national economy that showed just 1% growth during the quarter. Strong performance of the farm sector gives the much needed boost for about …

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on March 29, 2024 at 8:00pm

© 2024   Created by Riaz Haq.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service