a salam o alykum all,

How r u all n wat abt ur eid shopping ...???
m waiting for my parcel from pakistan:-)
must b having a nice Kurta,Siwayan and Biryani/qorma spices.
hahahaha

well 2 more days to go....
i think we will b celebrating on Friday(12th)...a/c to KSA
Interesting for most of u but in Scandinavia,crescent is often invisible bcz of latitude.
so ppl usually follow KSA...

I have a short article about possible eid dates in different parts of world.let me share it with u..

Majority of Muslims will celebrate `Eid Al-Fitr, the feast that marks the end of Ramadan, on Saturday, according to astronomical calculations.

CAIRO - Millions of Muslims worldwide will celebrate `Eid Al-Fitr, the feast that marks the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan, on Saturday, October 13, according to astronomical calculations.

The Abu-Dhabi-based Islamic Crescents' Observation Project announced Friday, October 12, the last day of Ramadan according to astronomical calculations.

In Egypt, the National Research Institute of Astronomy said astronomical calculations suggest that `Eid will fall on Saturday, October 13.

`Eid Al-Fitr will also start on Saturday in Bahrain, Sudan and the United Arab Emirates, according to astronomical calculations announced by meteorologists and astronomy professors in respectable universities.

Muslim minorities in Europe will also celebrate `Eid Al-Fitr on Saturday.
"According to astronomical calculations, Friday, October 12, will be the last day of Ramadan and Saturday, October 13, will be the first day of `Eid," said the European Council for Fatwa and Research (ECFR).

`Eid Al-Fitr will also start in North America on October 13.
"This year's Ramadan will be 29 days. Thus, the first day of `Eid Al-Fitr will be on October 13," announced the Islamic Society of North America.
`Eid Al-Fitr is one of the two most important Islamic celebrations, together with `Eid Al-Adha, or "Feast of Sacrifice."
After special prayers to mark the day, festivities and merriment start with visits to the homes of friends and relatives.
Traditionally, everyone wears new clothes for `Eid, and the children look forward to gifts and the traditional `ediya (cash).

* Differences

The calculations, however, differed in some other countries.
"Based on astronomical calculations, Friday, October 12, will be the first day of Shawwal and `Eid," said the Libyan Center for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences.

`Eid Al-Fitr will also start in Saudi Arabia and Algeria on October 12, according to astronomical calculations cited by meteorologists there.
Turkey's Religious Affairs Authorities announced Friday to be the first day of `Eid, according to the country's calendar and astronomical calculations.

In Pakistan, `Eid will start on Sunday, October 14, according to astronomical calculations
"Astronomical calculations suggest that there is hardly any chance of sighting new moon of Shawwal in the evening of 12th October 2007 throughout the country," announced the Pakistani Metrological Department.
"As such, the month of Shawwal would commence in Pakistan on Sunday, October 14."
Most countries, however, will sight the Shawwal moon on Thursday night, October 11.
Moon sighting has always been a controversial issue among Muslim countries, and even scholars seem at odds over the issue.
One group says that Muslims everywhere should abide by the lunar calendar of Saudi Arabia.
A second, however, believes that the authority in charge of ascertaining the sighting of the moon in a given country announces the sighting of the new moon, then Muslims in the country should all abide by this.
Source: AJP

Views: 223

Replies to This Discussion

Good info yar… just hope for a one “united” eid this time… it w’d be hard to resist and convince the pakhtoon party though. If the crescent gets sighted here in Pakistan on Saturday then not only 30 rozas will be done… but I’ll also save my one leave :)

BTW yar Ramadan and eid ka maza karachi mein kuch aur he hai!… my all sympathies with suhaib who is not only stuck in Bahrain on this eid but also having a very hard time there in making the American express project go-live… lage raho suhaib bhai!
yes u r absolutely right..
eid ka maza to karachi hi me he....
waqai....m missing khi v much :-(
wo chand raat ki gehma gehmi...
....no comparison of my khi :-)...
suhaib lagta he waqai bht busy he....
Earth calling u suhaibbbbb ;-)

RSS

Pre-Paid Legal

Twitter Feed

follow me on Twitter

Sponsored Links

South Asia Investor Review
    Investor Information Blog

Haq's Musings
    Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog

Please Bookmark This Page!

Blog Posts

India's Modi Brags About Ordering Transnational Assassinations

In a campaign speech on May 1, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bragged about his campaign of transnational assassinations of individuals he has labeled "terrorists". “Today, India doesn't send dossiers to the masters of terrorism, but gives them a dose and kills them on their home turf", he is reported to have said, according to a tweet posted by his BJP party. Last…

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on May 3, 2024 at 5:09pm

Pakistanis' Insatiable Appetite For Smartphones

Samsung is seeing strong demand for its locally assembled Galaxy S24 smartphones and tablets in Pakistan, according to Bloomberg. The company said it is struggling to meet demand. Pakistan’s mobile phone industry produced 21 million handsets while its smartphone imports surged over 100% in the last fiscal year, according to …

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on April 26, 2024 at 7:09pm

© 2024   Created by Riaz Haq.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service