What do u guys think about our chances of winning the tournament ?

I believe we will suffer if our top-order continues to play like it is now. Imran Nazir barely lasts an over and Salman Butt just isnt scoring.

I guess it would be a good idea to send Afridi to open, while the fielding restrictions are in place. It's good to see the middle order clicking.

I guess today's match against the Aussies will be a good litmus test.

Views: 191

Replies to This Discussion

wowww...

we are in semi-finalz
after a very long time in any big tournament ....
yar this man misbah is doing a fantastic job in middle order..
how cool he is...
opposite to imran nazir...
:-)

i dun know wat imran nazir wants..i mean m v confuzd with his approach...
try to hit every ball..
personally i feel after this 20/20 we shud give chance to a Karachiite Opener "Khalid Latif"
i have seen him playing..
he really has talent n temperament
just scored 100 against aussies in A-side
Pakistan's performance has been incredible in this tournament. I remember Tony Greig's comments a few days ago, in which he was not giving Pakistan any chance against Sri Lanka and Australia.

I was skeptical of bring Misbah-ul-Haq ahead of Yousuf, but he has turned out to be a gem of a player. Shoaib Malik also deserves praise as he batted Pakistan out of trouble twice in the last two days.

I have never seen a Pakistani outfit outplaying the Aussies like that. Sohail's opening spell, Afridi's wicket-maiden, Younis' fielding, the last 3 overs by the pacers gave away only 16 runs. After that the superb batting display by Malik and Misbah...everything was just perfect.

However, the top-order is non-existent. We have seen them fail four times in four innings. I back Afridi to open while the fielding restrictions are still there. I am a big supporter of Salman Butt, but I don't know if he should be in the Twenty20 side. But at least he is trying to improve. Imran Nazir's performance has been simply mindless.
Please try the followin links one at a time. Be patient as it takes a few minutes before the video starts appearing. Sometimes the streams stop working too.

http://cricket-live-streams.blogspot.com/

http://live-cricket-tvu.blogspot.com/
(Press Play Button)

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/channels/#
(Search for cricket channels on the left-hand pane)
I believe the creators of the bow-out rule were inspired by the penalty shoot-outs in soccer. However, even in soccer, we have penalty shoot-outs only in the knock-out stages, e.g. Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals.

We dont need a bowl-out in the Group Stage or in the Super 8, simply because we dont need a winner. There are some people who are suggesting that both teams be given one more over to bat. The team with the highest score at the end wins! I agree with this suggestion,provided we only use this approach in knock-out stages.

By the way, the match againt Pakistan and India has been counted as a draw by statisiticians.
So Pakistan is the only undefeated team in this tournament.

I hope Pakistan picks up its act against the Black Caps, their performance against the Bangladeshis was not at all convincing
I was hoping the Aussies would make it.... a final againt India is just too tense.

I sure hope Pakistan win Inshallah. There are not a lot of Pakistanis where I am right now. A Pakistani win will sure silence them. Anything otherwise would result in me hearing tons of crap from the Indians.

RSS

Pre-Paid Legal

Twitter Feed

follow me on Twitter

Sponsored Links

South Asia Investor Review
    Investor Information Blog

Haq's Musings
    Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog

Please Bookmark This Page!

Blog Posts

India's Modi Brags About Ordering Transnational Assassinations

In a campaign speech on May 1, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bragged about his campaign of transnational assassinations of individuals he has labeled "terrorists". “Today, India doesn't send dossiers to the masters of terrorism, but gives them a dose and kills them on their home turf", he is reported to have said, according to a tweet posted by his BJP party. Last…

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on May 3, 2024 at 5:09pm

Pakistanis' Insatiable Appetite For Smartphones

Samsung is seeing strong demand for its locally assembled Galaxy S24 smartphones and tablets in Pakistan, according to Bloomberg. The company said it is struggling to meet demand. Pakistan’s mobile phone industry produced 21 million handsets while its smartphone imports surged over 100% in the last fiscal year, according to …

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on April 26, 2024 at 7:09pm

© 2024   Created by Riaz Haq.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service