Working in KESC as the Assistant Manager (Projects)
Any professional affiliations? Memberships in professional orgs?
Tell us about you:
I have graduated from Electrical Engineering department in year 2008. Then I joined KESC as my first job and appointed as the Assistant Manager(Projects) at Site Gas Turbine Power Stattion extension project.
Later, I got the erasmus mundus masters scholarhsip CIMET worth 42 000 euros for my masters studies. I spent my first semester under this program at University of Eastern Finland. I m currently in my second semester, studying at Universidad de Granada, Spain. My majors is Image processing and its application in the modern day technologies
What are your hobbies?
Your favorite books?
All of Atif Aslam n All that were shooted on Shah Rukh Khan ;)
Thank you for your compliments.
As to your specific questions on 3D movie, I'm afraid I'm not an expert in this area. You might want to raise it in the mentoring form by asking for help and see if any one has the appropriate background for it. It wouldn't hurt to try online resources such as wikipedia and MIT online course-ware or just do Google search.
Wa alaikum assalaam,
Well nice to receive ur message, u can keep in touch with me on email@example.com
BTW, how is EE dept these days? who is chairman? how is Sir Abdul Qadir? how is Javed Saheb, Shahab Saheb, Ms. Shahnaz, Shoaib Siddiqui, Ms. Sadia, etc. etc. Plz convey my Salaam to them.
Well Oklahoma State University, Stillwater is not a top school. It was a cheap school to do MS 20 years back. I don’t know how the present fee structure is right now. Things to consider are some schools are located in very small towns and this school is one of them. It is hard to find an outside job over there. In big cities it is relatively easy. I would suggest that you talk with students who have done there MS in your major over here.
Mr. Sohail has explained the standard procedure to apply for admission to any university in an excellent manner.
One thing I would like to comment on is the letter of recommendation from professors/employer. This is one of the important factor in getting admission, atleast in Universities like ETH, etc.
Qasim, what you have communicated with the people at ETH falls into this category. I believe (and its the standard practice) that if you have been in contact with the professor at ETH and if he recommends you for the admission then it definitely be a plus. Now the point is what is the real meaning of IN CONTACT?
Normally, it works in the following way:
- you are working on a research project, lets say Image processing stuff in your case.
- look for professors at ETH who are working in this area.
- go through their research stuff, presentations, publications, etc.
- contact them and discuss about what you are working on and how you could use their work in your research.
- Ask questions about their research (i mean in technical and professional way)
- few communications in this way would make you both understand each other and specially the professor will know about your knowledge in this topic and how much zealous you are in this area.
- This way you can discuss with him that you are planning to work in future on this topic and want to get admission in ETH. And if you could use his name as a reference in your CV.
Normally, they are more than happy to do so, if they are convinced during your communication that you have sound knowledge of the topic, etc.
And guess what, you have hit the Jack Pot, as their recommendation is definitely given heavy weightage.