The Global Social Network
A 103-year-old man, resident of a village in the mountainous northern district of Chitral, has recovered from coronavirus, which claimed more than 5,700 precious lives and infected over 270,000 people so far in the country, to become one of the oldest survivors of the disease in the world, his relatives and doctors said.
The old age recuperated man, Aziz Abdul Alim, was released last week from an emergency response center after contracted virus in early July.
His son Sohail Ahmed told Reuters on the phone from his village, "We were worried for him given his age, but he wasn't worried at all."
Ahmed quoted his father as saying that he had been through a lot in life and the coronavirus did not scare him.
He did however, not like being in isolation. A carpenter until his 70s, Alim has outlived three wives and nine sons and daughters, said Ahmed, who is himself in his 50s, adding that his father had separated from his fourth wife and is currently married to his fifth.
Dr. Sardar Nawaz, a senior medical officer at the Aga Khan Health Service emergency center told Reuters, "the patient Alim also had to be provided with moral and psychological support during his isolation and treatment."
The makeshift center was set up in a girls' hostel just weeks before Alim was brought in and is the only one equipped to deal with COVID-19 patients for miles.
Read more: https://onlineindus.com/english/103-year-old-man-wins-battle-against-COVID-19-in-Chitral/40285
South Asia Investor Review
Investor Information Blog
Haq's Musings
Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog
Prime Minister Narendra Modi appears to be shedding his Hindutva arrogance. He is reaching out to China after President Donald Trump and several top US administration officials have openly and repeatedly targeted India for harsh criticism over the purchase of Russian oil. Top American officials have accused India, particularly the billionaire friends of Mr. Modi, of “profiteering” from the Russian…
ContinuePosted by Riaz Haq on August 24, 2025 at 9:00am — 4 Comments
The Indian government has hired Jason Miller, a former Trump aide, to lobby for India in Washington, DC for a monthly sum of $150,000 per month. Pakistan has retained Keith Schiller, also a former Trump aide, for a monthly compensation of $50,000 to help Pakistan get favorable treatment by the Trump Administration. It shows that India is outspending Pakistan by 3 to 1 on lobbying in Washington, but it does not appear to be paying off for New Delhi. …
ContinuePosted by Riaz Haq on August 13, 2025 at 5:00pm
© 2025 Created by Riaz Haq.
Powered by
You need to be a member of PakAlumni Worldwide: The Global Social Network to add comments!
Join PakAlumni Worldwide: The Global Social Network